Sunday, July 24, 2005

Confessions of a repentant mind

There is a final exam due tomorrow, and as always as I had started studying at the last possible moment, and the very tight schedule looked like this:

11-12: BRAC + MELA & BASC + BDS
12-1: Article SME 3 & Tech 1
1-2: Conflict Management
2-3: Theories: psycho, socio & economic

After reaching the optimum level, there was a sudden halt. Jhijhi( my fuppi) called from Iran. Then as I sat to study again, and had just began to accelerate...when the sms came. Nothing unusual, its just 12:29 am, I am to finish studying the first article within one minute….but for some reason, the sms ringer gave me an eerie feeling. For a second, I thought lets not take a look at the sms now. Then I thought maybe, it’s some rescheduling of tomorrows program, and decided to check it.

Early in the afternoon today, some of us were deciding to pay a visit to one of our classmate’s father. Ever since I knew Zihan, her father has been suffering from kidney problems and diabetes. Today her father was supposed to undergo a leg amputation, due to development of gangrene. For some reasons, later me and Saba stepped back, and decided to delay our visit by one day. And at 12:30 am tonight, I got the sms that Zihans father passed away.
This is not the first time this has happened. Sometime, around October last year, the same incident had taken place. I decided to pay a visit to one of my very good friend’s father at hospital, and later postponed the program, just to find that there was no chance of meeting him again. Had I not decided only today that I would pay a visit, and later cancelled, then it would have effected me in a different manner.

I learn today, that I never learn from my past experiences. And hence I live with so many ‘if and only if’s .

9 Comments:

At 26/7/05 7:41 PM, Blogger Ishtiaque said...

Geez....these are just conincidences. No need to ponder over these incidents...they happen all the time.

 
At 27/7/05 9:26 PM, Blogger aaziz said...

i know they are coincidences, but still that little irritation (better say khochkhochani) at the back of the mind that keeps ticking 'if and only if'.
onekta 'kaacher manush er' 'postodana mon' er moton!!!

 
At 27/7/05 11:15 PM, Blogger Rikhi said...

"if & only if" moments will come in your life lotsa time ... better get used to it ... because life is like this ...

you will learn from one experience, another will occur ...

 
At 28/7/05 11:46 PM, Blogger aaziz said...

i dont mind making mistakes;cos that is the best way to learn.
what i dont like is making the same mistake over and over agian, and not learning...and that is exactly waht i have done over times!!!

 
At 1/8/05 12:37 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1/8/05 12:50 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." --Einstein



------


Rajputro's Online Journal.

 
At 5/8/05 10:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe you are cursed...
not to worry though!

you have to learn to live with this curse and learn to like it!

 
At 5/8/05 10:55 PM, Blogger aaziz said...

lolz.....

 
At 3/3/07 5:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

MESSAGE

 

Post a Comment

<< Home