Friday, July 21, 2006

Mans best friend


I have always thought and felt that a man’s best friend is himself. So whatever step I take or took in my life, I tried to be clear to myself. I have always tried to avoid impulsive decisions, or emotions that would make me feel like an idiot later. And I have never really regretted much.

Whether confused, weak, or in turmoil, I have always sat with myself instead of consulting others. Definitely others views do matter, but I realize that no one would ever know me, or my feelings the way I do, hence at times I have gone against everyone’s will, and fixed my own destiny.I have found the shoulder to lean on, in time of helplessness within me.

I am not sure if this is being too much of preaching about oneself but the faith and confidence that I have on myself has let me live through many hard times totally alone. I tried to restrict my authorativeness only to my arena and I hate imposing my ideas, beliefs and values on others.

I always believe that my near and dear ones are a part of me, and when I disgrace or disrespect them, I also do it to a part of myself. So I usually try to suppress anything that is embarrassing about them. Yes, at times I do burst out, but hey…. I am a human being too.

Recently I have felt that I am not having time for my best friend, and all I am doing is somehow for the people around me whom I value. Definitely life is about making the people I care for happy, but maybe I am just paying too much a cost for it.
I have many a times stopped myself from saying bitter words to my parents, which I feel within; just because I thought they would get hurt. And this has led them to think that I am accepting or maybe agreeing with the decisions that they are taking, while on the other hand I was doing what I was doing only to make them happy.

These types of compromisation have also been made in case of other people I care about. And at times I feel that I am not being fair to myself. Maybe it is human nature to want progressively more of anything. So even when I have given the other person more space, confining mine, he/she has insisted for more. While I was reluctant in the first place, this new set of demand upsets me. I feel the pressure of making my best friend sad. All these at times pay off when I see the person I care and am sacrificing for happy.

Situations come when I realize that if I was on the demanding side, then the other person would not have given me so much room. I would have been humiliated and the consequences would have been terrible. While I have made adjustments against my will, the person on the other end just seemed to be ignorant about my presence, my feelings, and the sufferings I go through for having to give up the things I value.
So I feel that I am not doing justice to myself when I am entertaining others values, or in that matter trying to meet their unjustified demands.

I end up being uncompassionate to my best friend and not being true to myself.

8 Comments:

At 21/7/06 7:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everyone playing main character in their own life (uncompassionate to themselves) and side character in others life (demanding).

We think “NO ONE UNDERSTAND ME”. Don’t you think others can say they same about you.

You have chased the way to live, if you are not happy with the way try to change it. (Come on!!! You already spend about 20+ years to make them happy, now it’s your turn).

Never close the backdoor so that peoples near you can communicate with you. Be more open; share your TRUE feelings with trusted one.

(Easy to say, hard to do!)

- R.P.

 
At 21/7/06 9:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A nice blog entry after a long break...

 
At 22/7/06 6:21 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 22/7/06 6:36 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

that's why they made the movie: "me, meyself and ayreen" :P

 
At 23/7/06 11:29 PM, Blogger aaziz said...

you already have the answer anonymous.... 'hard to do' :P

and i think i mentioned in my blog that life is about making dear and near ones happy :P

rajputro....well said!

shaon as far as i remember, you dont read large stuff :P but anyways, thanks for reading.

and guys the response was faster than i expected

 
At 4/12/06 4:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9/12/06 12:52 AM, Blogger Tahmid Munaz said...

According to your expectation.. i am even too late then other guys replied :p

Btw, i see you said in your own way. But sometimes it's called as compromising. Sometimes this compromising stuffs becomes so pain for us. Then we most of the people burst out. Some not and manage in different way.

Person to person these capabilities differs. In my case - I burst out or start smoking heavily (more then usual) and walk around. Sometimes i don talk to anyone as the usual way and try to keep silent.

I don know why but there are people when we stand in demanding situation, we see that others are not giving any space for us. Or just ignoring our demands. May be we are weaker to demand like those for whom we are sacrificing..

But when others are demanding specially whom we care, then we don't even think about our own interests but we jump to help, share, care, do most of everything for them.

I have no answer to your questions.

But, hope to see ya blogging again. Wish u the best :)

 
At 4/2/07 4:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your article is very informative and helped me further.

Thanks, David

 

Post a Comment

<< Home